Sunday, December 14, 2014

Remembering John Lennon

It's hard to think that John Lennon hasn't been with us for 34 years now. December 9th, 1980 will be a date that no Beatles fan, or even a music fan would ever forget. What John did during his life time in music will make sure his memory will never leave our minds. I know that I think of every day if John was still alive, what our world would be today.

Little things that go on in my life every day reminds me of John, some even emotional enough that I do end up crying. Sometimes I really don't understand why it makes me so emotional, it's so hard for me to really think about how he passed and part of me wishes in some way...I could have maybe helped him (that's impossible but hey I can dream).

My favorite show is The Monkees (which has an extreme Beatles connection...DON'T WORRY I'LL TALK ABOUT IT SOMEDAY) and back in the 60s when the show was on, John Lennon always said that he loved the show and watched it every week. Um. So that means that whenever I watch the episodes, there is an actual chance that I could be watching the ones that John Lennon himself watched. Wow. I know that I sound a little crazy, but this reason makes me so happy. 

It's also weird of people I associate John Lennon with. I love watching Beatles movies/documentaries, and forever the actors in the movies I call "John Lennon". Such as Christopher Eccelston, famous for being the 9th Doctor on Doctor Who and the bad guy in Thor 2. But to me, he will forever be John Lennon, after playing him in the movie, "Naked Lennon". The next person is Aaron Taylor-Johnson, famous for being Kick A** in the Kick A** franchise and playing Pietro Maximoff in the highly acclaimed Avengers 2: Age of Ultron. But yet again, I will forever remember him as young John Lennon in the movie "Nowhere Boy" (which is one of my favorite Beatles movie in general).

I bought a John Lennon book at this half price bookstore in Ireland called, "John Lennon: The Life by Philip Norman", which gives you a lot of information into John's childhood, Beatles life and even after. If you want to learn more about John Lennon (with even some information that you read about and wish you didn't). Really, I totally recommend it and suggest it if you love John Lennon.

I'll finish up this post with the poem I wrote about John - RIP 

"Johnny see,
Johnny do

With his guitar, he played with his heart 
Always from the start

Made people stop and listen,
For every piece of music he made

"Living is easy with eyes closed" 
Is something I believe

And I can see, even with eyes closed
He cared"

(Words: 521)

No comments:

Post a Comment