Thursday, October 30, 2014

Beatles and Baby names

The Beatles did an amazing and horrible thing at the same time. In most of the songs, they reference a name, sometimes a girl name and sometimes even a boy name. By doing this, it provides a reason for Beatles fans to name their children after those names, hey, maybe even after the song title itself!


Would you be daring enough to do this? Many generations have and I think that it will still last for generations to come. I'd like to keep it going by even naming my children after Beatles songs/Beatles referenced things (I hope).


The reason I would like to do this is because The Beatles brought me happiness and helped me through the hard parts of my life, that my children being named after Beatles song(s), they could go to it when they're down and it'll help them feel better.


In the era today, it isn't uncommon or parents to name their children to name them unique names, many of those people being famous. When The Beatles were famous, naming children uncommon names were actually very uncommon itself and I bet they would never believe that someday their songs would be used to name children.


What makes me mad about this topic is the opinion that people have against the people named after Beatles songs, that their opinion of how negative The Beatles actually were is a reason why people shouldn't name them after songs. 

I'm a kind of person that doesn't mind that people have different opinions over a topic, but why is it such a big deal that people are named after Beatles themed names? Yes, I completely understand that many people don't like The Beatles (mainly about the things they did in the 60s), but you agree that people could be named odd, non normal names? 

This is a very flexible generation and a older generations need to learn that uncommon names are going to be showing up more and more, and that things won't change just because of their opinion.


If you'd like to read an article about a young girls story about her Beatles themed name, go ahead and check it out! http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/strawberry-fields-forever-beatles-teen-4538571

(Words: 413) 

No comments:

Post a Comment