Sunday, October 26, 2014

Help! vs All My Loving

So I decided to start this new topic that I take 2 Beatles and kinda compare/contrast them and then talk about my likes/dislikes about them. How I decide which songs to pick, I basically put shuffle on my music list and had it pick 2 random Beatles songs. This time the songs are Help! and All My Loving 
*these are all my own opinions so if you don't agree with some of them, that's ok!*


Help! - Help! album, 1965 
~ written and sung by John Lennon 
All My Loving - With The Beatles, 1963 
~ written by Lennon/McCartney, sung by Paul McCartney 


Compare: They both have classic Beatles "reflection" topics, in which you listen to the songs and they remind you of points in your life. Both talk about a later time in life how they had lost something and want to receive it back (AML: love; H: help from someone). They talk about how they both need love, hoping that they'll never lose the love they had before.


Contrast: You can tell between the McCartney song and the Lennon song for sure. In AML, it's basically just talking about love and being away from your love, "sending your love" and "tomorrow I'll miss you", hoping that your love receives the love you can't give them (McCartney based love song). In Help!, it's basically John's cry for help, talking about his life before and putting it in the way he was feeling at the time, "won't you please, please help me". It always talks about a persons life and how you need to take new chances, doing things you've never done before, that you never thought you could do.


Likes: Both of these songs are good to listen to when you need a little pickmeup when you're feeling down. AML promises that no matter what when you're away from your love, they'll always remember that you love them and it'll keep your mind at ease. Help! tells you to forget what happeneds in the past, get help from others and yourself to make it to the future, try new things and keep yourself the way you are to make life to the fullest.


Dislikes: I'm not really a big love song fan and I've head AML so much that it's not one of my favorite ones (generic Paul love song), Help! is also one of the songs that I've heard so many times that I tend not to listen to it, plus it brings back the story in which John wrote it and it's just really, really, REALLY sad. 


(Words: 488)

No comments:

Post a Comment