Thursday, October 9, 2014

Happy 74th Birthday John Lennon!

Today, 74 years ago, one of my heroes were born. John Winston Lennon was born to Alfred and Julia Lennon. He was their only child and they separated when John was really little. John's childhood definitely shaped his teenage and adult life, sometimes good and sometimes bad. With the loss of his mom when he was a teenager to when he married Yoko Ono, all of these moments shaped the way he made music and the way we saw his career be able to shape many other musicians careers.

John changed my styles of music I liked and pretty sure most of the people's during the 60s. My grandma always likes to tell me about how she could have taken 2 sides of music taste when she was in the 60s; Elvis or The Beatles. We kinda butt heads because she chose Elvis and I chose The Beatles. 

Everyone I feel like knows to John Lennon. Even if you haven't heard a single Beatles song, possibly not even heard his music whatsoever, but you still know the face and still know the name. He's been gone for over 30 years now, and we will never forget him. 

John will forever be in his hearts and I wish that he could still be here today. Every year during John's birthday week, I write, "Give Peace A Chance" and "Imagine" on my hand, so whenever I look down at my hand I feel like a piece of John is with me. 

John's memorial in Central Park, 'Strawberry Fields' is one of the places I would love to visit before you I die, maybe even get the chance to go on John's birthday, that would be amazing! WE MISS YOU JOHNNY! 

I also want to wish a VERY happy birthday to Sean Lennon (it is so sweet that he shares the same birthday with his father) and John Entwistle from The Who (The Who is also one of my favorite bands and John is one of my favorite bassists of all time, may he rest in peace). 


(Words: 366)

No comments:

Post a Comment