Sunday, January 11, 2015

And I Love Her vs. Girl

And I Love Her- A Hard Days Night, 1964
~written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, sung by McCartney 
Girl - Rubber Soul, 1965 
~written by John Lennon, sung by John Lennon
Remember, THESE are my own opinions and they may be totally, 100% different than yours so no hate please!

Compare: There are 2 things that hit me right off the bat that they are similar in. I'm really happy that my shuffle did this because if you notice, both of the songs have a girl implication in it, 'Her' and 'Girl', using those kinds of words bring us closer to the listener (which all know at the time were mostly girls). Secondly, they are only a year apart, but 3 albums away from each other. You might think that the sounds of the albums mostly sound the same, so both of the songs will be the same, but that is actually not true. Both of the songs have distinct sounds for each year.  

Contrast: The sounds of the songs are the closest things that they sound different in, 'And I Love Her' is a soft ballad that a person is talking about all of the things that he loves about his girl and almost in a taunting way to make the other person jealous. 'Girl' is like a story, starting out with, "Is there anybody going to listen to my story...all about the girl that came to stay" and goes on to talk about the girl and all of the things that makes the person crazy about them. 

Likes: I like both of these songs, they really hit home to you and play at your love strings when you listen to them. Hey, I'm not going to lie if I said I wished someone loved me enough like the people in the songs explain. Both good examples between McCartney ballads and Lennon ballads. They make my heart hurt (in a good way don't worry!). I love the version of Girl that is at the beginning of 'Across The Universe', it actually explains the movie quite well and Jim Sturgess does a fantastic job singing it!

Dislikes: I dunno, sometimes when I'm feeling hurt or something, these songs are really sappy and hard to listen to and so sometimes I skip them. Really, it comes down to (I don't wanna say it or not because maybe no one would understand) if you're a Lennon song fan or a McCartney song fan. 

(Words: 444)

No comments:

Post a Comment