Sunday, April 19, 2015

George Martin

There are many things about George Martin that makes him high up on my heroes list. He's done so many things in my lifetime that I look up to now and even into my future. If you don't think of George Martin when you listen to The Beatles, then you must know nothing about The Beatles history. 

The topic is always known of a "Fifth Beatle" and people always have their own opinion on who exactly it was. Some people say it was their first manager, Brian Epstein, others say it was their loyal roadie Mal Evans, who stuck around with them through the highs and lows. But for me (and mostly everyone), we believe that George Martin is the "Fifth Beatle". He was there for album recordings, gave them advice on their songs and was there until the very end of The Beatles. 

You'd be surprised how much he actually did help with The Beatles. All of the lyrical music found on the 'Yellow Submarine' album and was also in the movie, was music he made and conducted himself. How cool is that?! That music is some of the most beautiful things I have ever heard (and what would be the coolest thing ever is a marching band show playing that music). 

You know how last week I was talking about the weird little "feud" match between the sitar and violins in 'Within You Without You', well, that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for George Martin. He took classically trained violin and tought them about western culture-type of music like what people would use when playing a sitar. I always think about it whenever I listen to the song and it makes me think about how special it is. If you listen to it soon, just think about how cool it is and how it turned out! 

Recently with the help of his son Giles, created the put together the music used for the Cirque Du Soleli Beatles show "Love" (the "Love" soundtrack CD was also the first Beatles CD I had ever gotten fun fact from me). Also some help in production with The Beatles Rockband video game (made by Beatles child Dhani Harrison). 

(Words: 403)

No comments:

Post a Comment