Sunday, April 12, 2015

Ringo in the Spotlight

Usually when we think of someone being busy out of the last two remaining Beatles, it's probably Paul. But for the last few months, I've gotta say that Ringo has been over shining him! Ritchie is on the cover of April's Rolling Stone magazine (which my best friend gave me a copy of), his new album "Postcards from Paradise" was released March 31st, and he has been preparing for his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame on April 18th all of his life. I'm so proud of him and I think it's amazing that Paul is going to be his inductee - man, I just can't believe that Ringo is the last of The Beatles to be inducted, heck even Brian Epstein, their former manager was inducted before he was! I guess the saying, "save the best for last" is used in this sense. 

While reading the article about Ringo in this months Rolling Stone magazine, I'm not going to lie to you when I say I cried through the whole thing. Yes, I know that I'm super crazy but freaking Ritchie was pulling in my heart strings! On the second page, it is talking about how he lost his two brothers...John Lennon and George Harrison. That's what got me first, I couldn't hold in the emotions after that. The fact that Ringo references to them as his brothers breaks my heart. They we're all so close for SUCH a long amout of time and then to lose the both of them so early must have taken a very hard toll on him. 

Of course, this one article about Ringo saying that The Beatles reunion could have happened. Just sit there for a moment and think about it - A Beatles reunion - Back together since 1970, playing the songs that made them one of the most famous bands in music history. I never knew that they did try in both 1976 and 1979 for reunion tours but a year later we lost John and in 2001 we lost George. Do I think Paul and Ringo would go on a little Beatles reunion tour now? No. Do I wish that they did? Yes. But I don't think they'd do it without John and George because they aren't The Beatles without them. 

(Words: 422)

No comments:

Post a Comment