Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Beatles + Food

Have you ever listened to a certain band while eating food and suddenly think the food is more delicious than you ever thought? I know that's so totally weird to think about, it even seems a little crazy to me! But this whole theory has been proven by actual scientists and tested it on different types of music on people while they are food to figure out the results. 

Many reachers can suggest that certain types of music can bring out flavor in food including sweet, salty and bitter. Luciano Pavarotti can enhance the bitterness in coffee and intensity in chocolate mouse and Bille Holliday can empathize the taste of "autumn" in the taste of pumpkin just as two examples of many that were written. Even though those are pretty cool, what made me extremely excited when The Beatles was one of the bands to be tested! 

I think it's pretty cool that scientists did this experiment because now I know that if I ever eat fish and chips that The Beatles is the PERFECT band to listen to while eating them! You heard me everyone, they have actually proven that listening to The Beatles could help the enjoyment of eating fish and chips. How freaking cool is that?! Wait, that isn't it - it can even enhance different kinds of drinks.

Ultraviolent restaurant in Shanghai, China has already kinda tested out this theory by serving fish and chips to a backdrop of The Beatles. The dining room of the restaurant has photos projected onto the wall so when you're eating different courses/different foods, they put up pictures that goes with each theme. This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen (look up the pictures of the restaurant on the internet, you're mind will be blown away!) and if I ever get the chance to go to China, I'd love to check out this restaurant for sure (and 100% fangirl about The Beatles and fish and chips)! 

I've always been interested in food, every since I was younger. For a long amount of time I wanted to be a chef and work in my own restaurant. What I found cool about this article is that more and more restaurants should follow different atmospheres with the music that they play followed up with what the food they serve. With doing that, the amount of profft could almost be DOUBLED! This is just a really good topic to be researched into. 

If you'd like to read more about the different singers/bands that effect the taste of foods and learn more about this experience, check out the article that I first found this out about!: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3026252/The-Beatles-fish-chips-Pavarotti-chocolate-mousse-Pyschologists-discover-music-help-enhance-enjoyment-food.html

(Words: 514)

No comments:

Post a Comment