Sunday, December 21, 2014

Beatles Songs vs The Fab Four "Hark!" Album

This post is inspired by something I heard this morning on the radio show "Beatles Brunch with Joe Johnson". Remember, THESE are my own opinions and they may be totally, 100% different than yours so no hate please!

The Beatles Music ~ 1962 - 1970 

Compare: What I find so interesting with this band cover band, "The Fab Four" is that they took Beatles songs and combined them with classic Christmas songs - HOW COOL IS THAT?! I couldn't hardly believe it when I hear their songs come on because I really thought it was The Beatles before the announcer said who it was, my mother was sitting next to me and she thought the same thing. What I really think compares them to The Beatles is the resourcefulness and amazing musicians that are able to think of making music like that. 

Contrast: They are a cover band and they can sound close to what The Beatles sounded like but there will always be a difference. Their Christmas music even sounds different than any of the kinds The Beatles ever even made, which is really refreshing and imaginative.

Likes: I love Christmas music and I love The Beatles so it's like a match made in heaven! Like I already said, they were good enough that they sound really close to The Beatles that I actually thought one of the songs was sung by John. They actually made me tear up for a little portion of it, it made me feel heartfelt and I just love The Beatles and give me a huge burst of pride for them.

Dislikes: Really, I don't have that many dislikes about this album, for the first time listening to it through I didn't know fully how I felt about if I really liked them or not but as I kept listening to them, I really enjoyed their music except the guy who sings Ringo's part. Yes, I totally understand that they're just a cover band but I kinda wish the Ringo sounded a little better. 

(Words: 371)

No comments:

Post a Comment